Enhancing audit committee leadership and influence
Audit committees play an extraordinarily important role in corporate governance. They are a critical player in establishing confidence and trust in capital markets by ensuring high-quality, reliable financial reporting. In addition, many audit committees are now charged with overseeing additional risks, including vitally important areas such as cybersecurity.
Chairing the audit committee of a large public company is difficult. There are no one-size-fits-all solutions. Success requires judgment, developed from personal experience and insight from others who have faced similar situations.
Since 2010, the Northeast Audit Committee Networks (NEACN) has helped its members—the chairs of the audit committees at large public companies—succeed. Four times each year, Northeast members gather for a confidential group discussion. The conversations sometimes feature world-class guests, but the members’ voices dominate, and the agendas are driven by the audit chairs.
Tapestry Networks orchestrates the network, building on 15 years of convening board leaders in meaningful conversations. Tapestry helps members prepare for meetings with insightful, original reading material that draws upon tailored research and pre-meeting interviews with members and other leading thinkers. The meetings are synthesized into post-meeting publications that can be shared with colleagues. Everything is done under a non-attribution agreement that ensures candor and protects personal and company confidentiality.
Our members include:
- Virginia Addicott, CDW
- John Alchin, Ralph Lauren
- Bert Alfonso, Eastman Chemical Company
- Tracy Atkinson, Raytheon Company
- Ann Torre Bates, United Natural Foods
- Bob Bedingfield, SAIC and GeoPark
- Carl Berquist, Beacon Roofing Supply
- David Brown, EMCOR Group
- Bill Cary, Ally Financial
- Mary Choksi, Omnicom Group
- Bill Creekmuir, Party City
- Pascal Desroches, DaVita
- Charles Dockendorff, Boston Scientific, Hologic, Inc. and Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- Caroline Dorsa, Bogen and Illumina
- Steve Elliott, PPL Corporation
- Brian Ford, Clearway Energy
- Art Garcia, ABM Industries
- Pat Gross, Waste Management
- Mary Guilfoile, Interpublic Group
- Brian Hudson, Erie Indemnity
- Paul Joubert, Ares
- Christie Kelly, Park Hotels and Resort
- Lew Kramer, L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Simon Lorne, Teledyne Technologies
- Barbara Loughran, Jacobs Engineering
- Gracia Martore, WestRock
- Carl Nelson, Worthington Industries
- Craig Owens, The J.C. Penney Company
- JoAnn Reed, Waters Corporation, American Tower, and Mallinckrodt PLC
- Judy Schmeling, Constellation Brands
- Alice Schroeder, Quorum Health
- Bertram Scott, Lowe's and Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Bill Shaw, The Carlyle Group
- Ron Waters, Fortune Brands Home and Security
- Greg Weaver, Verizon
- John Wulff, Celanese
- Tim Yates, CommSpace